Permanent makeup, also referred to as micropigmentation, is a cosmetic technique that uses a permanent pigmentation of the dermis to create designs that look like makeup. This is very similar to tattooing. All of the dyes that are utilized have been cleared by the FDA and are allergy-tested.
Permanent makeup has been created in order to accentuate your own natural beauty. There are many reasons that patients seek this treatment out, including:
- Accentuating your eyes
- Disguising a facial or body scar
- Enhancing your eyebrows
- Enhancing/defining your lips
- Placing pigmentation in vitiligo patches
- Simulating a natural nipple-areola complex after having a breast reduction
- Wanting to look your best without having to put in a great deal of time or effort
The pigments that are used for permanent makeup come in a wide variety of colors and can be mixed in order to match or highlight your skin tone or the color of your hair.
Free consultation with a Chicago, IL Permanent Makeup Specialist
Call Dr. Patel today for a free consultation at (224) 238-3816.